Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I can't wait to be King!

Little K's current favorite is The Lion King. He loves it - can watch it every day. He does watch it every weekend. And he does not just watch - he listens. He even shushes us when we are talking - he really wants to listen to what everyone in the film are saying.
And he understands - I recently over heard him explaining the entire plot to one of his friends. He knows Mufasa and Simba are good, and Scar and the hyenas aren't.
But best bit was at bath time one day. I generally leave him with his bath toys for about 5 mins towards the end, so that he can splash about till I get his stuff ready. I heard him singing the 'Oh I just can't wait to be King..' song. Ok, by song I mean that one line - but then it was in tune - and he filled rest of it with 'na na na..'.
And on another day, he wanted to help out in the kitchen - by ahem! cutting vegetables with the kitchen knife.
When I said he needs to wait till he is a grown-up to do that, he broke into this song !
Needless to say - I am thrilled! I can't wait to see my little Simba grow up !

NaBloPoMo November 2012This is the full lyrics of that song. Now I don't listen to Elton John very often, but Lion King definitely is some where in the top of charts for me!


No comments: