Monday, December 12, 2005

A Walk In The Rain

Yesterday was a wonderful evening for me. And Kinda wierd for my husband.

It so happened that I had purchased a splendid pair of splendid all-season shoes, which fitted my feet a bit too splendidly. I wore them to office yesterday, and they splendidly started bitting my feet, the shoes I mean.

It was a cool and misty Bangalore evening and it had just drizzled. I had tried in all possible ways to keep the shoes on, but I just couldn't keep them on.

"Are you okay with those?" asked my husband, as we were about to come out of our tower, to go to the bus-bay.
And that did it.
"NOOOOO" I wailed.
"Then just take those shoes off" he said.
" But this is office, and I don't have any spare pair!" I said.
" Want to try wearing my socks?" he asked. [ I could see an evil grin spreading across his face, as he was enjoying this conversation ]
"No way. I can't wear your socks and the shoes" I said.
" Okie, go ahead then" he said.
So, I took out a neatly folded "health n glow" cover from my purse, and put those biting monsters in it.

At the security check, the guard peeped into the plastic cover, sneaked a look at my feet and then smiled. Mr. Hubby looked at the ceiling [which wasn't there] and then hastily came out.

And then the wonderful walk in the rain began.
My hubby suggested that he would walk a few steps ahead of me [ and by a few steps, I'm sure he meant at-least a mile]
"Nay" I said.
So we proceeded, side by side, towards the bus bay.
People who weren't too busy not to notice us, looked up and smiled.
Some just raised their brows, some grinned, some turned back to confirm.
I smiled back to all of them.
My hubby shrugged his shoulders and made a " I-don't-know-whats-wrong-with-her-but-still" kind of face.
And I trotted on the well mowed lawns of our office premise, first. It was lovely.
Then on the paved path, it was kinda no-that-lovely.
And then on the concrete ground. Which was far-from-lovely.
Then on the red wet earth, which was just ooh-aah-OUCH!
We had to cross over a small road to reach the other side of the office, where the buses were parked.
Once we reached there, I again stepped for a few secs on the wet lawn, and it was bliss!

My feet were all pink and wet and a bit muddy, but I was enjoying the cool breeze, the wet touch of rain on those bruised feet.
My hubby , by now, was growing comfortable with the situation, and was realxing a bit.
"You walked on the grass." he said. " Its lovely." I said.
"I wish I could do that too." he said. And we smiled, together this time.

1 comment:

Manoj Pillai said...

Chaitu seems to be having a lot of fun with you around...